LAKE CITY, SC – The third day of ArtFields brought music and other fun events to downtown Lake.
Starting at 5pm on Friday, the musicians are scattered around the city center, sitting on the corners and playing songs ranging from jazz to pop. Earth Mars then rocked the village green, gathering adults and children in front of the stage to dance under the lights and smoke machines that filled the air.
Earth to Mars, a Bruno Mars tribute band from Los Angeles, performed Martian hits like “Uptown Funk” and other hits by artists like Justin Timberlake.
The children joined the dance earlier, but as the concert drew to a close, the adults caught up.
Seven food trucks served everything from ice cones to wings, and a Lake City restaurant served popcorn and drinks.
Seats were arranged around the stage, but many customers brought their own chairs or blankets.
The concert was organized in Lake City.
Before the “Earth to Mars” concert, other artists can be found on the city’s sidewalks and highways.
The After Dark Quintet played Jazz at Theater Park and Whitney Sellers and Friends played in the plaza next to Pizza Roma. Others sang or played on their own.
Other demonstrations were also on the streets. The “Living Monument” made the crowd slow, hard, and not moving long, so the wizard worked card tricks.
Music and fun join the Aroha Afro-Latin dance, where participants learn some Afro-Latin moves.
ArtFields is an annual art festival and competition held in Lake City. This year it will be held from April 19 to 29.
The art will be on view April 23 from 1-6pm and 10am-7pm. From April 24 to 29
- Wet paint/En plein air competition. April 23 from 1-4pm in downtown Lake City.
- Makers Market: April 23 from 1pm to 6pm at Truluck Properties.
- Art Makers – A family event about making art. April 23rd 2-5pm at the Bean Market. Admission is $8.
- Grape Walk April 27th 3-7pm at Moore Farms Botanical Garden.
- Guest: A documentary about the rebirth of Lake City, followed by a discussion. April 27 from 6-8pm on the Village Green.
- Artist discussion. Contestants have three minutes to talk about their work. April 28, 5-10pm on the Village Green.
- Emory West and Sarah Carroll live. April 28, 6-9pm at Piggyback BBQ and Catfish.
- Bay Street Windworks Concert April 28, 7:30-9:00 pm on the Village Green.
- ArtField Jr. Award ceremony. Awards: April 29, 1-2pm at Bean Market.
- Joshua Graham Live. April 29th from 6-9pm at Piggyback’s BBQ & Catfish.
- The last of ArtFields. The winners of the art competition will be announced and the “Rhythm of the Big City” will be performed. On April 29 from 19.00-22.00 in the village green.